The bridge that carries Williamson Road (State Route 3002) over the Conococheague Creek between Saint Thomas and Antrim townships, Franklin County, was reopened to traffic at around 7:30 a.m. on Saturday morning, July 27. The bridge had been closed since mid-June so that a concrete latex overlay could be applied to the bridge deck in order to seal the deck from water penetration and help extend the service life of the bridge. This bridge, located a half-mile south of Williamstown, carries a little more than 1,400 vehicles a day.
PennDOT has contracted with Jay Fulkroad & Sons, Inc. of McAlisterville, Pennsylvania, to conduct repair work on the Williamson Road bridge. Repairs to the bridge joints, bearings, and barrier were completed last year. The contractor returned this summer with the warmer weather to work with the concrete latex overlay. The repairs to the Williamson Road bridge is part of an overall $1.8 million contract with Jay Fulkroad & Sons that has also included repairs to the Route 75 bridge over Licking Creek near the Village of Claylick and two bridges currently under repair on Edgewood Road (SR 1003) in the Woodstock area over the Conococheague Creek and a tributary to the Conococheague Creek.