Crews battle fire at Salon Oxygen in Spring Garden Twp.

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.


By Katie Kyros

Firefighters shut down Mt. Rose Avenue in Spring Garden Township at about 2:30 Sunday afternoon when fire broke out at a local business.

Fire officials said Salon Oxygen sustained extensive damage. The building’s owners say the fire may have started when chemicals in a back shed caused the water heater to ignite. A video from a FOX43 viewer captured the sound of the heater bursting.

No one was injured in the fire.

“It looks like the salon sustained the majority of the damage,” says the building’s co-owner Robbie Lynd. “We didn’t have a whole lot that seemed to come into the building but the whole back of the building and some of the roof, as you can see, they’ve cut out a portion of the roof to vent it. I could see there was damage in there. There’s obviously going to be water damage.”

1 Comment

  • Joyce

    Harrison: I am so sorry! I am sure you are feeling crushed right now, but. if anyone can overcome this tragedy and rebuild, it is you. I'm here for you and all your employees. Let me know if there is anything I can do and I'm there.

Comments are closed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.