Fire damages York County home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Fire crews in York County battle a house fire Monday evening. The blaze broke at about 7:30 pm in a two story home along the 3400 block of Shaffers Church Road in Codorus Township. The first crews on the scene reported smoke pouring from the roof.  A call went out for additional tankers to supply water.

Two people were at home when the fire began and escaped unharmed The fire was declared under control at about 8:45 pm. A State Police Fire Marshal was also called to the scene.  Preliminarily the fire was caused by an electrical problem