There are several Veterans Day events planned around Central Pa. on Monday, Nov. 11.
- Dickinson ROTC Will Host Annual Veterans Day Run/Walk– In recognition of Veterans Day, the Dickinson College ROTC battalion will host its annual Veterans Day run on Monday, Nov. 11 at 6:20 a.m. The run/walk will begin and end at the ROTC administrative offices at 450 W. High Street between Mooreland Avenue and Conway Street in Carlisle. The three-mile run or one-mile walk will include Dickinson ROTC cadets and staff, members of the Dickinson swim team and Army veterans. Anyone interested in participating is welcome to join. For more information, call 717-245-1221.
- Silver Spring Township Veterans Day Ceremony–The third annual Veterans Day ceremony will be held at 11 a.m. in Willow Mill Park. The event is open to the public. There is limited seating.
- Carlisle–The Joint Veterans’ Council of Carlisle will conduct the annual Veterans’ Day ceremony at the Old Courthouse beginning at 10:30 am.
- Mechanicsburg–The Mechanicsburg Area Veterans’ Council will conduct a ceremony at 11:00 am at the GAR monument in the Mechanicsburg Cemetery.
- Newville–The Newville Joint Veterans’ Council will conduct a service at 11:00 am at the Big Spring Event and Activity Center.
- Penbrook Veterans Day Ceremony– Penbrook American Legion Post 730 will have a Veterans Day ceremony on November 11th at 11:00am at the front of the post, 3813 Walnut Street Harrisburg PA 17109. This is a full service event.
- Free Admission for Veterans to the National Civil War Museum–The National Civil War Museum will offer FREE ADMISSION on Monday, November 11, 2013 to veterans, active-duty military service members and military retirees. The Museum has applauded those who preserve our Nation in the present for 12 consecutive years while honoring the veterans of the past by telling the story of the American Civil War.
- Lancaster County Honors Veterans–Please join the Lancaster County Board of Commissioners, area veterans and community members, as the County of Lancaster honors veterans who have served and sacrificed for our country.The brief ceremony will be held at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, November 11, 2013 at the Lancaster County Veteran’s Plaza located at 150 North Queen Street, Lancaster. All are invited to join the County Commissioners as the County of Lancaster honors all veterans during this special ceremony.
- Millersville Veterans Memorial Dedication–A special Dedication Ceremony will be held on Veterans Day, November 11, 2013 for the new Millersville Veterans Memorial. It will be held at 11 a.m. in Millersville’s Freedom Memorial Park, off Route 999 where it intersects with George Street. The public is encouraged to attend the ceremony.
- Flag Memorial —The Historic Prospect Hill Cemetery Heritage Foundation will hold a flag updating ceremony on Veterans Day at 1 p.m. at 700 N. George Street in York. 90 new U.S. flags will be added to the 2,200 flags already on display. The public is invited to observe and participate.
Do you have a Veterans Day event not listed? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with all the details. Be sure to include event time and location!