Firefighters battle a blaze at a Lancaster County business Monday evening. The fire broke out at about 5:37 pm at Ross Technology Corporation, along the 100 block of North Maple Avenue in Upper Leacock Township. Smoke and flames were pouring from the roof of the building when the first fire crews arrived on the scene. It took about half an hour to bring the fire under control.
The Upper Leacock Fire chief says the fire appears to have started when sparks from a faulty light ballast ignited dust in the air. Most of the fire was confined to a 50 by 50 foot section of the building. No damage estimate was readily available. There were no injuries.