Smoldering ashes spark garage fire in Conestoga Township

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Firefighters were called to a home along the 700 block of River Corner Road in Conestoga Township for reports of a garage fire around 9:45 a.m. on Monday.

A woman who lived there was already outside trying to put out the flames, according to firefighters at the scene.

Fire officials say smoldering ashes left near the garage sparked the fire.

The garage is a total loss.

No injuries were reported.