Kerosene heater may have sparked fire in Adams County

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Image Credit: Steve Roth, 911 Photography

Fire officials believe a kerosene  heater may started an overnight fire in an attached apartment at Cafe Custom Cycles in Adams County.

Firefighters were dispatched around 3:19 a.m. to the 2600 block of Hunterstown Hampton Road in Reading Township.

Heavy black smoke was pouring out of the attached apartment on the side of the building. Fire crews were able to extinguish the blaze quickly so that it didn’t’ spread to the motorcycle shop.

A man was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation and minor burns.

The fire remains under investigation.




Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.