Food options are limited during Lent for many people, but it doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice taste! Tom Burkhart from Texas Roadhouse stopped by Fox43 this morning… and showed us how to cook up some delicious grilled shrimp.
Skewers (metal or wood)
griddle or non-stick pan
Try these options or create your own seasoning:
1. Old Bay
2. Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Onion Powder
1. Lemon Pepper Butter (fresh lemon juice, black pepper and whipped butter)
2. Garlic Butter (chopped garlic, onion powder and whipped butter)
Step 1 – Prepare Shrimp
- If using frozen shrimp, thaw them first.
- Using desired size shrimp, place them on a flat surface with tails facing the same direction
- Run skewer through each shrimp ensuring they are as flat as possible and slightly separated (This will ensure even cooking)
- Once all shrimp are skewered, season the shrimp evenly using a shaker (This will ensure even seasoning and flavor)
Step 2 – Cook Shrimp
- Place ½ of melted butter per skewer on griddle or non-stick pan
- Place skewered shrimp on griddle (repeat for each skewer)
- Cook for approximately 2 minutes
- Using tongs turn all skewers over
- Once turned ladle ½ oz compound butter over each skewer
- Cook for approximately another 2 minutes or until shrimp are done (shrimp should be firm and slightly white in color; not translucent)
Step 3 – Serve Shrimp
- Place skewered cooked shrimp on a serving platter or individual plate(s).
- Serve with a lemon wedge and ramekin of melted compound butter (for dipping)