Malfunctioning alarm causes evacuations HACC-York campus

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Hazardous Materials Teams Called to HACC’s York CampusA malfunctioning alarm caused an evacuation at HACC’s York Campus Monday night.

An alarm in the Cytec building showed a possible Freon leak.

York City Fire Company and York County Hazmat responded to the call.

Crews did not find any abnormal levels of Freon inside the building and determined there was no leak.

A malfunctioning alarm is to blame for the incident.

Crews determined the building was safe and Tuesday’s classes will take place a scheduled.

*CORRECTION: FOX43 would like to apologize for initially reporting that there was a chemical leak on the campus.*





Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.