If you’re looking for an alternative to hamburgers and hot dogs to prepare for your barbeque. Texas Roadhouse has the solution. Tom Burkhart shows us how to make chicken kabobs.
Gather all ingredients before beginning recipe.
Equipment: Two cutting boards (one for veggies & one for meat), storage container, metal skewers, knife, latex gloves
Mushroom Caps 1 oz
Sirloin or Chicken (1 ½” X 1 1/2” Cubes) 6 oz
Yellow Onion (1 ¼” X 1 ¼” Slices) 1 oz
Green Pepper (1 ¼” X 1 ¼” Slices) 1 oz
Tomato (1 ¼” X 1 ¼” Slices) 1 oz
Marinade or Seasoning As Desired
Important to know:
• Cutting your veggies slightly smaller than the sirloin or chicken cubes should keep them from burning.
• Metal skewers helps ensure complete cooking of the meat, including the center.
• Trim stem of mushrooms even with cap
• Place in appropriate container and hold for later use
• Cut remaining ingredients and reserve
• Each kabob contains: 5 sirloin or chicken pieces, 2 mushroom caps, 2 tomato slices, 2 onion slices, and 3 green pepper slices.
• With the point of the skewer up slide on one piece of sirloin or chicken.
• Place the rest of the ingredients on in this order: green pepper, onion, sirloin cube, tomato, sirloin/chicken cube.
• Place all kabobs into a container.
• Season or marinate the kabobs to you desired taste and let sit in refrigerator for later cooking on the grill.