Poisonous plant taking over Pennsylvania – Tonight on FOX43 News At Ten
Due to World Cup, U.S. Open coverage, changes made to FOX43, Antenna TV broadcasting schedules

York Co. Mother, son and two dogs dead after Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.


Family Spokesperson confirmed the names of the victims are Nancy and Preston Hardy. Nancy was the co-owner of TLC Montessori in Jacobus. The school is open today, and will remain open. Grief counseling will be offered.

The two victims died of Carbon Monoxide Toxicity due to inhaling car exhaust fumes, according to the York County Coroner.

Earlier report
A 44-yeard old woman, her 15-year old son and two family dogs are dead, police say likely from Carbon Monoxide poisoning in York County. Police were called to a home on the first block of Water Street in Jacobus just before 7 a.m. Wednesday morning.lphoto

The victim’s daughter, who police said sometimes stays at the home, discovered the two dead in their bedrooms and called 911. “Ironically there was one dog with each person in the residence, they were all in upstairs bedrooms,” said Sgt. Jeff Dunbar with York Area Regional Police Department.

Police said the daughter smelled an odor and got out of the house because she got sick. “She smelled an unusual odor and exited the residence and called 911,” said Sgt. Dunbar. She was treated at York Hospital.

Police are looking into whether the home had working Carbon Monoxide detectors. They believe the source of the Carbon Monoxide was a car left running in the garage of the home. “The odor appears to be Carbon Monoxide, it was very evident,” said Sgt. Dunbar. He said investigators had to wait for the home to be aired out when they initially arrived. “Everyone backed out until the fire department was able to bring the levels down through ventilation,” said Sgt. Dunbar.


1 Comment

Comments are closed.