Due to World Cup, U.S. Open coverage, changes made to FOX43, Antenna TV broadcasting schedules

Fire destroys shed in York County

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Image credit: Matt Bushey

Fire destroys a large shed near Northeastern High School in York County.  The fire broke out just before 6 pm along the 400 block of Maple Street near Union Street in Manchester Borough.

The first crews on the scene reported the shed engulfed in flames.  Shifting winds hampered efforts to put out the fire.  Heat from the flames were so intense it melted the siding on a nearby home.

The fire was under control in about twenty minutes but not before it consumed the shed.  Equipment was called in to knock down what remained of the burnt out building.

The chief of Union Fire Company No1 says the cause of the fire was an electrical problems.  Damage is estimated at about $10,000.


Back street view of the shed/garage taken by Ryan Beck.

shedimage (8)

Credit: Matt Bushey