Decision in vaping taxes case – Tonight on FOX43 News At Ten

Lackawanna Co. hotel evacuated due to carbon monoxide leak

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Photo Credit: WNEP


LACKAWANNA COUNTY, Pa. (WPMT)–Several people were taken to the hospital after being evacuated from a hotel near Scranton following a carbon monoxide leak.

The evacuations happened around 9 a.m. Sunday at the Best Western Hotel along Tigue Street in Dunmore, FOX43’s sister station WNEP reports.

Officers were called to the hotel after two guests complained of feeling ill, WNEP said. Authorities said over 200 people had to be evacuated.

Between 20 and 30 guests were taken area hospitals to be evaluated for possible carbon monoxide inhalation.

The carbon monoxide leak came from a malfunctioning furnace, WNEP reports.

Investigators said the hotel will remain closed until further notice.