All-New West Manchester Town Center Attracts Diverse Retailers to York
West Manchester Town Center is pleased to welcome an eclectic and diverse group of retailers andrestaurants to the revitalized property previously known as West ManchesterMall. Construction began in June to revamp the enclosed mall at 1800 LoucksRoad and create West Manchester Town Center, a vibrant shopping and dining landmark in York County with outward-facing storefronts and an open-air plaza.
Texas-based M&R Investors, led by Frank Mihalopoulos and Tony Ruggeri, purchased the property in 2011 and is spearheading the $47 million overhaul. When complete, West Manchester Town Center will boast 548,000 square feet of retail and dining space. The project’s pedestrian-friendly layout and innovative plaza design have attracted stores previously unavailable to area shoppers.
“We have a solid mix of existing stores that stayed with us through this transition aswell as a group of brands that are popular throughout the country but new to West York,” Ruggeri said. “The feedback from both retailers and area residents has been overwhelmingly positive.”
Current mall anchors Kohl’s, Regal Cinemas and Wal-Mart, along with USA Optical, will remain at West Manchester Town Center. They will be joined by:
- Ann Taylor LOFT – a leading specialty retailer for fashionable women’s clothing
- Buffalo Wild Wings – a neighborhood favorite for Wings. Beer. Sports.
- Burlington – offering current, high-quality designer and name brand merchandise at up to 70 percent off department store prices
- Charming Charlie – a unique fashion accessories boutique designed to help women “find their fabulous”
- DSW – the latest shoes and accessories for women, men, and kids at great prices
- GameStop – the world’s largest video game retailer
- GNC – a leading global specialty retailer of health and wellness products
- Kay Jewelers – the number one specialty jewelry brand in the United States
- Kirkland’s – your one stop shop for decorating, entertaining or gift giving
- Petco – a leading pet specialty retailer that focuses on nurturing powerful relationships between people and pets.
Select locations listed above will open by mid-November, with the remaining scheduled to open in Spring 2015. Specific opening dates for retailers and restaurants may be released individually by each company.
Additional tenants will be announced as information becomes available. Existing lessees including Artesian Pools & Spas, Kay Jewelers and Comix Connection remain open for business during construction.
“West Manchester Town Center is set to become a dynamic community hub where people come to shop, eat and spend time with family and friends,” Mihalopoulos said. “Our goal is to create an energetic retail environment that exceeds expectations and brings a sense of excitement to West Manchester Township and all of York County.”
Bailey Construction, based in Little Rock, Arkansas, is the general contractor on the project. For leasing information, contact Rhino Realty Group in York at 717-650-6729