Jersey City, NJ – More than two dozen children are treated at a New Jersey hospital after they were reportedly given water that contained a small amount of bleach reports WPIX.
The children, between the ages of 14 to 19 months are all doing well.
“The report we were given is that a cleaning solution was made up at the day care yesterday with a small amount of bleach mixed into a bottle of water. Unfortunately, it was not labeled and somebody thought it was regular water and served some small Dixie cups of this solution to the children at the day care,” said Dr. Michael Bessette of Jersey City Medical Center.
The concentration of bleach was very low, but the mistake is still raising concern.
The employee in question was reportedly very new to the center, but has since been removed.