Lancaster’s “Lady Justice” on display
“Lady Justice” is now on display in Lancaster. Admirers can get an up-close look at the statue that is typically seen perched atop the Lancaster County Courthouse Dome.
The statue was brought down from her perch on Saturday and will be on display for the next nine days in front of the Courthouse at 50 North Duke Street.
The 9-foot-tall "Lady Justice" statue, a replica of a wooden one erected in 1854 and removed in 1929, will be enclosed in barricades for the public to see, but not touch, before heading to Philadelphia-based Materials Conservation for restoration.
This is the first step in a $500,000 restoration project to the Courthouse's copper dome, which has deteriorated and turned green from oxidation.