New York man convicted of shooting teenager in Carlisle

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CARLISLE (WPMT)-A Cumberland County jury convicted a 20-year-old man of attempted murder for shooting an unarmed teenage girl in Carlisle last year.

A jury found  Robert S. Gilmore, of Brooklyn, New York,  guilty Thursday of attempted first-degree murder, conspiracy and firearms not to be carried without a license, two counts of aggravated assault and three counts of recklessly endangering another person.

Gilmore and another man, who has not been identified, fired several shots down West Pomfret Street in Carlisle on February 13, police said.

A 16-year-old girl caught in the cross fire was shot in the head, investigators said.

Gilmore is expected to be sentenced on March 10.

Police continue to search for the second shooter.

 

1 Comment

Comments are closed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.