Fire started by blow torch destroys York County mobile home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

YORK COUNTY, PA(WPMT) A homeowner using a blow torch to thaw frozen pipes led to a fire that destroyed a mobile home in Newberry Township.  Firefighters responded just after 6  pm to the fire in the 300 block of Ridge Road. The homeowner suffered a bump on his head getting his family out of the burning rental home.   Neighbors tried to assist putting out the fire but it spread too quickly.

When the Newberry Fire Company arrived on the scene the fire was spreading from underneath one end of the mobile home and along the floor. The fire was brought under control in about 20 minutes. Damages including content are estimated at about $30,000.

The American Red Cross is assisting the two adults and an infant displaced by the fire.



  • OneMan'sOpinion

    Didn’t this happen a few days ago? There is no day listed in the article. constantly posts repeat articles of the same story written by different writers. Is this one of those cases or is it another case of dumbness with a torch under a mobile home in York County?

  • Roni

    someone loses thier home and all people want to do is pick on how it started. I am livid that people can be so curl and rude. Kick someone when they are down instead of offering help or condolences. What has this world come to! It makes me sick!

Comments are closed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.