Millersville dorms evacuated for carbon monoxide

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Millersville University students residing in South Village Suites have been evacuated due to a carbon monoxide alarm. The fire department has requested that people stay away from South Village residence hall.  Emergency crews are on site venting the buildings because of carbon monoxide. South Village residents have been evacuated to Gordinier, the SMC and other residence halls. No injuries have been reported. There is no estimate on when the building will reopen. A safety official at the school says the source of the problem has not been discovered yet, but they do know it is in the mechanical room. Until the source is found, fixed and the building is aired out, the 700 students that reside at South Village will not be allowed to return.

Students are advised to stay indoors out of the cold.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.