GIANT/MARTINS announces recall due to potential Salmonella contamination
GIANT Food Stores has removed select Aurora and GIANT/MARTIN’S brand walnut & trail mix blend products due to potential Salmonella contamination, following a recall by Aurora Products, Inc.
The following products are included in this recall:
• GIANT/MARTIN’S Walnuts, 6.5 oz., UPC 8826713594, with best if used by dates of 10/29/15 – 12/7/15
• GIANT/MARTIN’S Cranberry Health Mix, 21 oz., UPC 8826713692, with best if used by dates of 10/30/15 – 12/13/15
• GIANT/MARTIN’S Cranberry Health Mix, 9.25 oz., UPC 8826714713, with best if used by dates of 10/30/15 – 12/13/15
• GIANT/MARTIN’S Roasted Salt Mixed Nuts, 9 oz., UPC 8826714736, with best if used by dates of 11/4/15 – 12/13/15
• Aurora Forest Bounty Grail Mix, 17.5 oz., UPC 65585200496, with best if used by dates of 10/28/15 – 12/13/15
• Aurora Roasted No Salt Mixed Nuts, 9 oz., UPC 65585200243, with best if used by dates of 11/10/15 – 12/10/15
According to GIANT, there have been no reports of illnesses to date. Consumption of food contaminated with Salmonella can cause salmonellosis, one of the most common bacterial foodborne illnesses. The most common manifestations of salmonellosis are diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and fever within eight to 72 hours.
Additional symptoms may be chills, headache, nausea and vomiting that can last up to seven days. Giant officials say that customers who have purchased these products should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to the store for a full refund. Consumers looking for additional information on the recall may call Aurora Products at 800-898-1048. In addition customers may call GIANT/MARTIN’S Customer Service at 1-888-814-4268 for more information.