Trash fire embers spark housefire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LANCASTER COUNTY, PA (WPMT) Embers from burning trash spark a two alarm fire that heavily damaged a Lancaster County home. The broke out at about 4:40 pm Wednesday afternoon at 17 Martin Lane in Strasburg Township.

The first firefighters to arrive on the scene reported the second floor of the home engulfed in flames.  A second alarm was called for water tankers to help battle the blaze.   Embers from a trash fire near the house is blamed for accidentally starting the fire on the roof.  The fire was under control in less than half an hour.

A couple living in the home and the family dog escaped unharmed. Damage to the home and contents is estimated at about $300,000.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.