AT&T offers its customers free calling and texts to Nepal
NEW JERSEY, (WPMT) AT&T says it is implementing international calling and texting relief efforts for its U.S. wireless and wireline customers trying to connect with loved ones in Nepal, following the recent devastating earthquake.
AT&T will not charge customers for text messages or International long distance usage from AT&T phones from the U.S., Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands to Nepal from April 25, through May 16 in hope that family members can quickly connect with loved ones in the region as soon as possible.
It applies to all calls and texts placed by AT&T postpaid and GoPhone prepaid wireless customers, as well as any direct dial calls made wireline and U-verse voice customers between April 25, 2015 and May 16, 2015.
Customers looking to provide assistance to those in need can text-to-donate to the organizations below. Donations sent via text-to-donate are added to a customers’ monthly wireless bill.
• UNICEF: text “NEPAL” to 864233 to make a $10 donation
• Save the Children: text “NEPAL” to 20222 to make a $10 donation
• World Vision: text “NEPAL” to 777444 to make a $10 donation
• HOPE Worldwide: text “HOPEWW” to 80077 to make a $10 donation
• Operation USA: text “AID” to 50555 to make a $10 donation
• World Food Program USA: text “AID” to 2722 to make a $10 donation
• Global Giving: text “GIVE NEPAL” to 80088 to make a $10 donation
• Operation Blessing International: text “URGENT” to make a $10 donation
• Real Medicine Inc.: text “REALMED” to 50555 to make a $10 donation