Crews battle fire in Penn Township

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Photo Credit: Steve Roth 911

One man is in the hospital after a fire ripped through an apartment building in York County.

Flames broke out just after 3:00 Friday Morning at an apartment building on the 800 block of Alvin Street in Penn Township.

We are told that two police officers found the man unconscious inside the building.

Crews took him to the hospital, where he is said to be in bad shape.

Firefighters were unable to save the man’s dog and cat from the fire.

Crews say the smoke detector inside the home did not have batteries in it.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.