Two people displaced after house fire in York

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Photo Courtesy: York City Fire

YORK, Pa. – The Red Cross is helping two people after a fire damaged their home in York City.  It happened on the 700 block of East Philadelphia Street Sunday afternoon.

Fire officials say an overheated extension cord is to blame for the fire.



A dog was rescued and then returned to its owner.

No one was hurt. Damage is estimated to be at about $50,000.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.