The holidays will bring plenty of food especially those pesky, but oh-so-delightful, Christmas cookies. It may be hard to turn away from those sweet treats, but this week's Be Well focuses on a treat that we can have... guilt free.
Dan Duryea, N.D. and fitness professional Mindy Quesenberry, of My Fitness Quest, whip us up a low-carb peppermint chocolate pudding, that includes chia seeds. Dan also explains to us the nutritional benefits of chia seeds.
Low-carb Peppermint Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
Courtesy: Dan Duryea, N.D.
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
- 1 Cup coconut, almond, or cashew milk (or a combination of these)
- ¼ Cup chia seeds (may grind in coffee grinder for smoother texture)
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp Erythritol sweetener (may use xylitol, stevia or Truvia)
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- Chocolate shavings & fresh mint leaf as garnish (optional)
- Add in a bowl the milk, chia seeds, cocoa powder, erythritol and peppermint extract, and mix well with a wire whisk Let stand for 5 minutes, and mix again.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, garnish with chocolate shavings & fresh mint leaf if desired.