At least three injured after explosion at Letterkenny Army Depot, latest on FOX43 News First at Four

Waynesboro couple files lawsuit against mother of man killed in I-81 road rage shooting

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

FRANKLIN COUNTY, Pa.–A Waynesboro couple is suing the mother of a Maine man who was gunned down along Interstate 81 in Franklin County in 2014.

Jaime and Courtney Breese, who are husband and wife, contend they were never paid $52,000 in reward money by Theresa Allocca, the mother of Timothy “Asti” Davison. Allocca started the Justice for Asti campaign, which offered a reward for information leading to an arrest of her son’s killer.


Timothy Davison

The couple filed the suit on Feb. 12 in Franklin County Court, and are seeking the $52,000 reward Allocca offered, plus interest, costs and expenses of the suit and attorneys’ fees.

John Wayne Strawser

John Wayne Strawser

Timothy Davison, 28, of Poland, was shot to death along Interstate 81 in Franklin County on Jan. 4, 2014.  In Sept. 2015, police charged John Wayne Strawser Jr. with first-degree murder in Davison’s death. Strawser was already in jail on another murder charge.

The Breeses say in their lawsuit that their tips directly led authorities to determine Strawser was the man who murdered Davison.   The Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers recognized the Breeses’ contribution and gave them the $10,000 reward  the organization was offering, according to the suit.

The couple accuse Allocca of breach of contract by failing to pay the reward which she offered. The suit alleges Allocca refused to honor the reward because of her anger at the Breeses for waiting so long to come forward. They said Allocca appeared in dozens of news reports and created a website and a Facebook page, repeatedly offering a reward to entice any person with knowledge to come forward with information that could lead to an arrest, the suit states.

The Breeses said they made several attempts to contact Allocca to claim the reward and resolve the matter, but she never responded, according to the suit.