House fire in Fairview Township

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

FAIRVIEW TWP, Pa- A house  broke out into flames Sunday afternoon.

According to York County 911, the fire broke out just after 1:00 p.m. along the 300 block of Steigerwalt Road in York County.

The Fire Chief said the  fire most likely was caused by oily rags that spontaneously combusted.

The house has more than  $100K in damages.

Home, where a couple lived, is uninhabitable at this time.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.