4 Harrisburg area towns ranked among the best small towns in Pennsylvania
HARRISBURG, Pa.– AreaVibes, a site dedicated to finding the best areas and hidden beauty across America, recently published a piece revealing the ten best small towns to live in within Pennsylvania. Four of these towns can be found in the Harrisburg area.
Mt. Gretna, Dauphin, Goldsboro and Deer Lake are ranked among the top ten small towns in Pennsylvania.
According to the piece, these towns were chosen out of Pennsylvania’s 346 towns that have a population under 1,000 people, with the criteria being:
- Population density (The higher the better)
- Lowest unemployment rates
- High housing costs (Meaning there’s lots of demand)
- Adjusted Median Income (Median income adjusted for the cost of living)
- Education (Lowest number of high school dropouts)
- Low crime
For the full story, you can visit the AreaVibes story here.