Gettysburg man charged for sexually abusing an 8-year-old girl

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

YORK, Pa- A Gettysburg man who was staying with an old friend, is being accused of sexually abusing his friends  8-year-old girl during his stay in 2015.

According to charging  documents, Mickey Miller, 32, is being charged with indecent assault of a person less than 13 years of age, corruption of minors, indecent assault without the consent, indecent assault by forcible compulsion and harassment.

Charging documents say, Miller moved in with a friend and his family after they  recently reconnected over Facebook. The family, located in  Codorus Township, needed help with bills in late October and November of 2015.

While living with the family, Miller began to develop a close relationship with the two daughters, ages 8 and 6. He would buy them gifts, let them play on his cell phone, even hang out in his room, charging documents said.

In late January 2016, the 8-year-old victim and Miller got into a fight, in which Miller called her a derogatory name resulting in Miller being kicked out of the home.

A couple of days later, complaints were filed against Miller alleging he touched the 8-year-old “on her private parts.” Police conducted interviews with both the girls and they both confirmed to police that Miller would allow them to sit on his lap and play games.

On 5 different occasions, Miller allegedly slipped his hand into the 8 year old’s pants, under her underwear and touched her. The 6-year-old girl said that on one of the occasions, she was sitting next to Miller on the couch when he touched her sister on her private parts, documents said.

Miller allegedly reached out to the victim’s mother after being kicked out of the house Via  Facebook  calling the fight a “misunderstanding. ” Miller told the mom that “bonds were made” and to break them would “be a shame,” the documents said.

Miller was arrested Tuesday and subsequently released on a $25,000 secured bond.

His preliminary hearing is set for June 3rd.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.