8 people injured including a Sheriff’s Deputy after violent day in York

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

YORK CITY, Pa- A rash of gun violence in York, including the shooting of a sheriff’s deputy, has officers on high alert. Since early Thursday morning, 8 people have been shot at five different crime scenes.

The first shooting happened around 1:30 a.m. along the 500 block of E. Philadelphia Street. One man was injured after being shot in the face, he was taken to York hospital, and is expected to be okay, according to York County 911.  Officers believe this shooting may have stemmed from a bar fight that occurred on Market street.

Just before 9:00 a.m., York County Sheriff Deputy Michael Lutz, was shot by a suspect while serving a warrant along the 900 block of E. Philadelphia Street. Lutz was hit in the face, and he is expected to be OK. Lutz returned fire that killed suspect James Nikol.

S. Pershing & Lafayette

S. Pershing & Lafayette

Then on Thursday night, in the span of an hour and a half, police had to process three separate shooting scenes. The first was around 9:12 p.m. along the 400 block of South Pershing Avenue. Police found 20-year-old Marquan Way with a gunshot wound to the back. He was transported to York Hospital where he is listed in stable condition.

Police say Way refused to discuss details about the shooting.

Around 10:23 p.m. police responded to a second shooing in the area of W. Princess Street and Salem Avenue. Police found 2 males, 21 year old Akeem Richardson with gunshot wounds to his left forearm and left stomach. He was taken into surgery and is currently listed in critical condition. The other victim, 24-year-old Dominique Johnson had gunshot wounds to his right finger and left elbow. He is currently listed in stable condition.

South West St, just south of West Princess

South West St, just south of West Princess

Finally, around 11:05 p.m., police were called to 121 State Street for two more people who had been shot. 34-year-old Frankie Ford III was shot in the right thigh and left calf, he is listed in stable condition. The second victim Quintin Brown, 33, was shot in the right calf, he is listed in stable condition as well at York Hospital.

All of the shootings are still under investigation by the York City Police Department.

If anyone has any information relating to these incidents they are encouraged to call the York City Police Department at 717-846-1234.