Prostitution sting nets 8 arrests in York County
YORK COUNTY, Pa. – Eight people face charges following a prostitution sting that targeted females working the motels along the Route 30 corridor in Manchester Township. Northern York County Regional Police Department conducted the sting on Friday, June 24th.
The following arrests were made for prostitution:
- A 20 year old female from Lemoyne, Cumberland County
- A 23 year old female from Mechanicsburg, Cumberland County
- Wang Yan, 43 of Flushing, New York (arraigned on charges)
- A 24 year old female from York City
- A 23 year old female from Lock Haven, Clinton County
- A 53 year old female from York City
Two arrests were made for Robbery, Theft, Receiving Stolen Property, and Criminal Conspiracy. Both suspects are being held on $75,000 bail each at York County Prison.
- Michael McCue, 38 of the 500 block of Walnut Street in Columbia, Lancaster County
- Jasmine Byers, 22 of first block of Church Street in Landisville, Lancaster County
An undercover officer arranged to meet Byers at a motel. After the officer paid Byers for prostitution services, McCue came to the room and attempted to rob the undercover officer. Both Byers and McCue were taken into custody without incident.
The Northern York County Regional Police Department were assisted by members of the FBI, Harrisburg City Police Department, Fairview Township Police Department, York County District Attorney’s Office, and the York County Drug Task Force.
The investigation into these incidents continues. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Northern York County Regional Police Department at (717) 292-3647.