YORK, Pa.-- June is Men's Health Month and much of one's well-being begins with what they eat.
Today, Allison McQuaid from Medifast is stopping by the FOX43 kitchen to prepare Avocado Chicken Salad Stuffed Mini Peppers. The dish is a healthy, vegetable-filled meal that can help benefit your overall well-being.
The recipe can be found below:
· 10 oz cooked, shredded chicken breast
· 4 oz low-fat, plain Greek yogurt
· 3 oz mashed avocado
· 1/8 tsp salt
· 1/8 tsp pepper
· 1 tbsp chopped red onion (Optional)
· ½ tsp lemon juice
· 10 oz. mini bell peppers, cut in half with seeds and membrane removed
· Cut the mini bell peppers in half and remove the seeds and membrane like I’ve done here.
· Mix together the shredded chicken, yogurt, avocado, salt, pepper, onion and lemon juice in a bowl
· Stuff each pepper half with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the mixture
· Refrigerate until it’s ready to serve & then enjoy!
· Yields: 2 servings
· Per Serving: 1 Leaner, 3 Green, 1 Healthy Fat, 1 Condiment
· 360 Calories
· 50 g protein
· 15 g carbohydrates
· 12 g fat