New Oxford house fire caused by unattended candle, fire official says

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(Photo by Steve Roth – 911 Photography)

NEW OXFORD, Pa.–An unattended candle is being blamed for starting a fire Sunday morning that damaged a home in Adams County.

Flames broke out along the first block of Fleshman Mill Road in New Oxford shortly after 10 a.m.

When firefighters arrived, they found heavy fire in the rear of the home.

The cause of the fire appears to have been an unattended candle,  according to Nick Shaffer, assistant chief of United Hook and Ladder.

Four people were displaced. No one was injured, Shaffer said.

Crews had the fire under control in about 20 minutes.




Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.