Information for the Public for Trick or Treat 2016
The Dauphin County Chiefs of Police Association has designated this evening, October 27th as Trick or Treat Night for Dauphin County. The purpose of designating one evening for all municipalities is so that area Police Chiefs can schedule in advance the appropriate personnel to Patrol and ensure a safe time for everyone. Therefore tonight’s event is always Rain or Shine.
Should you choose to participate this year, please know that extra patrols are on duty throughout the area to ensure a safe evening. If anyone is looking for an alternative due to possible weather issues, the Harrisburg Mall is hosting a Free Trick or Treat Event tonight inside the Mall from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
As a reminder, here are some safety tips for you and your family:
- Avoid Trick-or-Treating alone; instead go with a group or with a trusted adult.
- Plan your route in advance.
- Use reflective tape, glow sticks or a flashlight to help yourself be visible and to see where you are walking.
- Make sure your costume is well-fitted (including your shoes) and avoid masks that do not allow you to see properly.
- Visit well-lit houses.
- Use sidewalks and crosswalks and check for traffic before crossing the road or driveways.
- Always let an adult check candy prior to eating anything.