Four people displaced by kitchen fire at Ephrata apartment

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Courtesy: Tim Bissinger

LANCASTER COUNTY, Pa. – Unattended cooking is the  cause of a fire that damaged an apartment in Ephrata Borough. The fire broke at about 6:38 p.m. at the Cloister Garden Apartment complex in the 800 block of Clearview Avenue.

The first firefighters on the scene reported a working kitchen fire in a second floor apartment in the three story building. It took about an hour to bring the fire under control.

The American Red Cross is assisting four people left homeless by the fire. Damage is estimated at $20,000.