Fire damages Yoe Borough apartment building

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Courtesy: Becky Myers Sabold

YORK COUNTY, Pa. – The American Red Cross is assisting four residents left homeless by a fire in Yoe Borough early Monday evening.. Several pets also escaped without harm.

The fire broke out at about 7:39 p.m. in the first block of E. Pennsylvania Avenue. The first firefighters on the scene reported heavy smoke pouring from the upper floors of three story building.

The fire was under control in about twenty minutes. There were no reported injuries. The fire apparently started from combustibles next to a natural gas space heater on the second floor. There was no estimate of damage.

A State Police Fire Marshal is investigating.

 

 

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.