14 displaced after Thursday night fire in York

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WEST YORK BOROUGH, YORK COUNTY, Pa.– 14 people have been displaced after a Thursday night fire at Gateway Apartments.

Crews were dispatched to the 1200 block of W. Market Street shortly after 10:20 p.m.

The fire originated in the kitchen, causing sprinklers to turn on, which in turn caused water damage.

Water damage is the primary reason for the displacement.

The Red Cross is assisting the 13 adults and child displaced due to the fire.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.