Easter Sunday fire sparked by hot ashes in charcoal grill in York

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

YORK, Pa.– Hot ashes from a charcoal grill are to blame for sparking a house fire on Easter Sunday in York.

The York City Fire Department was called to the 700-block of West Market Street just before 10:45 a.m.

Flames were found pouring from the second-floor balcony when crews arrived at the scene. Fire investigators say hot ashes from a charcoal grill started the fire, which as been ruled accidental.

The American Red Cross is assisting six adults and two children who were displaced.

No one was hurt.

 

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.