No one injured after accidental two-alarm fire in Harrisburg

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HARRISBURG, DAUPHIN COUNTY, Pa.-- No one was injured after a two-alarm fire broke out early Tuesday morning.

The flames broke out just before 3 a.m. in an apartment building over a mini-mart in the 1200 block of Derry Street.

Despite there being no sounding alarms, no one was injured in what officials have deemed an accidental blaze.

Harrisburg Fire Chief Brian Enterline said, "At this time in the morning, luckily there was a bunch of people still awake. Some had just gotten off work from their office cleaning jobs and were able to alert the other residents. Had it not been for them, we'd probably be looking at fatalities."

The Chief also noted that the fire was started due to an electrical issue.

There were 8 apartments affected by the fire, and the Red Cross is assisting those residents.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.