Overheated laptop sparks fire that damages York County home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

YORK COUNTY, Pa. –  An overheated laptop is being blamed for a fire that left two adults temporarily homeless early Wednesday afternoon. Firefighters responded at about 1:49 p.m. to 838 Lake Redman Court in Springfield Township. The first crew to arrive on the scene reported heavy smoke pouring from the two story home. The two adults had made it out safely.

The fire was brought under control within minutes. Most of the estimated $75,000 in damage was cause by smoke.

The displaced victims will be staying with relatives.


Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.