Crews evacuate apartment building in Cumberland County after detecting high levels of Carbon Monoxide

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CUMBERLAND COUNTY, Pa. — A Hampden Township apartment building was evacuated Friday morning after a Carbon Monoxide detector went off.

Crews arrived to the building in the 4100 block of Elk Court in Hampden Township and found high levels of Carbon Monoxide. Other apartments in the building showed abnormal levels as well, so the occupants were evacuated. The Hampden Township Volunteer Fire Department said one occupant was transported to a medical facility for treatment.

UGI crews located the source of the Carbon Monoxide emission, a hot water tank. Crews ventilated the affected apartments with high-powered fans, and gas meter readings returned to normal.

The occupants were cleared to return to their apartments, according to the Hampden Township Volunteer Fire Department.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.