Bush’s Beans issues recall over defective cans
Bush Brothers & Company announced Monday that it is voluntarily recalling certain 28-ounce cans of Bush’s Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Country Style Baked Beans and Original Baked Beans due to a potential defect in the side seams on the cans. This defect could cause the seams to rupture and the beans to spoil before their listed sell-by dates.
The recall was initiated after an internal quality assurance check identified the issue, the company said in a press release.
Subsequent investigations indicated it was a temporary quality issue from one of the company’s can suppliers. The problem was corrected, and no other products are affected, the company said.
The issue has caused no injuries or illnesses to date, Bush Brothers & Company said. But consumers who purchased the affected items are urged to dispose of the products immediately, even if the beans do not look or smell spoiled.
The affected products, with their listed case and container lot codes and UPC numbers are:
Bush’s Best Brown Sugar Hickory (28 oz)
- Case UPC: 003940001977
- Case Lot Code: BUSH’S BAKED BEAN (HIC) 001977 12-28 OZ 6097V BEST BY JUNE 2019
- Container UPC: 00039400019770
- Container Lot Code: 6097S GF 6097P GF BEST BY JUN 2019
Bush’s Best Country Style (28 oz)
- Case UPC: 003940091974 AND 003940001974
- Case Lot Code: BUSH’S BAKED BEAN (CST) 001974 12-28 OZ 6077V AND 6087V BEST BY JUNE 2019
- Container UPC: 00039400019749
- Container Lot Code: 6077S RR 6087S RR 6077P RR 6087P RR BEST BY JUN 2019
Bush’s Best Original (28 oz)
- Case UPC: 003940091614 AND 003940001614
- Case Lot Code: BUSH’S BAKED BEAN (ORG) 001614 12-28 OZ 6077V BEST BY JUNE 2019
- Container UPC: 00039400016144
- Container Lot Code: 6057S LC 6057P LC BEST BY JUN 2019
For more information, contact Bush’s Consumer Relations at (800) 590-3797 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday or visit bushbeans.com.