One person taken to hospital after two-alarm house fire in Carlisle Borough

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CUMBERLAND COUNTY, Pa.– One person was taken to the hospital as a result of a two-alarm house fire in Carlisle Borough.

The flames broke out in the 200 block of G Street around 5:15 a.m. Wednesday morning.

The fire reportedly broke out in the kitchen of the home, and a 63-year-old woman was taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation, according to Carlisle Police.

Officials are blocking the roadway until the clean up is completed.

The fire caused $25,000-$30,000 in damage to the inside of the home.

The Red Cross is on the scene and assisting the elderly couple affected by the fire.