No injuries reported in Harrisburg abandoned warehouse fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HARRISBURG, Pa. — An abandoned warehouse used as a homeless encampment caught fire Tuesday night in Harrisburg.

The blaze broke out in the 200 block of South Cameron Street around 9 p.m., according to Dauphin County dispatch.

Chief Brian Enterline told FOX43 that the warehouse fire was determined to be a cooking fire, which started in the cooking area and seemed to get away from the people at the location.

At least eight homeless people were there when the blaze occurred, Chief Enterline adds.

No injuries were reported.

This story has been updated from its previous version. 

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.