This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
YORK COUNTY, Pa.-- It's the beginning of a new month, which means it's time for five new exercises that can take your routine to a whole new level.
Melissa Beaverson from MyFitnessQuest is stopping by the set of FOX43 Morning News to show off the following exercises:
1. Single leg hip raise (glutes & hamstrings). Lower intensity option: both feet on the ground. Progression: Stay with single leg, add a medicine ball under one foot
2. Side plank powell raise (core & shoulders). Lower intensity option: keep one knee on ground
3. Bottom burpee (total body / cardio). Lower intesity option: remove the hop by stepping right foot in, left foot in, then squat
4. Plie front squat with dumbbells (adductors or inner thighs). Lower intensity option: no dumbbells. Progression: Add a heel raise
5. Reverse alternating lunges with a bicep curl (quads & biceps). Lower intensity option: lunge without a curl, can also lunge without dumbbells
You can check them out in the clip above.