YORK COUNTY, Pa.-- It's the beginning of a new month, which means it's time for five new exercises that can take your routine to a whole new level.
Melissa Beaverson from MyFitnessQuest is stopping by the set of FOX43 Morning News to show off the following exercises:
1. Single leg hip raise (glutes & hamstrings). Lower intensity option: both feet on the ground. Progression: Stay with single leg, add a medicine ball under one foot
2. Side plank powell raise (core & shoulders). Lower intensity option: keep one knee on ground
3. Bottom burpee (total body / cardio). Lower intesity option: remove the hop by stepping right foot in, left foot in, then squat
4. Plie front squat with dumbbells (adductors or inner thighs). Lower intensity option: no dumbbells. Progression: Add a heel raise
5. Reverse alternating lunges with a bicep curl (quads & biceps). Lower intensity option: lunge without a curl, can also lunge without dumbbells
You can check them out in the clip above.