Come out to the York JCC on March 21 for the FOX43 Blood Drive!

Electrical fire causes thousands in damage to York home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CREDIT: York City Department of Fire/Rescue Services

YORK, Pa — An accidental electrical fire York city causes thousands of dollars in damage to a home.

Crews were called to a house in the 1500 block of Wogan Road around 5:00 a.m. on Sunday for a reported house fire.

York City fire says they found smoke coming out of the home, and they were able to extinguish a fire in the bedroom and limit the damage.

No injuries were reported.

Two adults and one child are displaced. The fire was caused by an extension cord electrical malfunction.

First responders remained on scene for about 2 hours.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.