Two people taken to hospital after garage fire in Columbia Borough

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LANCASTER COUNTY, Pa.– Two people have been taken to the hospital after a garage fire broke out at home early Monday morning.

On July 9 around 2:15 a.m., crews responded to a home near the intersection of Cloverton Dr. and Kinderhook Rd.

The fire was contained to a two-car garage, but both of the cars inside the garage were destroyed.

According to Columbia Borough Fire Chief, Doug Kemmerly, the residents were taken to the hospital as a precautionary measure.

Firefighters are still on the scene looking for hot spots, and no cause has been determined yet.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.