WILKES-BARRE, Luzerne County -- If you're bummed about that costly electric bill this month, you're not alone.
But take heart: PPL Electric Utilities regional affairs director Tracie Witter gave WNEP-TV, an affiliate of FOX43, some tips to save money on your bill for next month.
According to Witter, you can save money by:
- Closing the blinds or pulling the shades on the sunny side of your home
- Ditching the air conditioner and run a ceiling fan instead; it's cheaper to move air than to cool air, Witter says
- Look for an Energy Star label on your air conditioning unit; you'll save 9-10 percent on your energy costs with an Energy Star air conditioner
- Don't run dishwashers and stoves during the day if you can help it; they release a lot of heat
- Check your doors and windows for any holes that could let cool air escape
For more money-saving tips from PPL, go here.