Rechargeable fidget spinner likely cause of vehicle fire

DAUPHIN COUNTY, Pa — A rechargeable fidget spinner is the likely cause of this vehicle fire last week.

According to Colonial Park Fire Company, their crew responded to a car fire last week. The owner of the vehicle, extinguished most of the blaze by the time firefighters arrived.

Crews found that a rechargeable fidget spinner with a Bluetooth speaker, had been charging on the seat appeared to have malfunctioned.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has some tips regarding the safety of battery operated fidget spinners:

 

  • Be present when products with batteries are charging.
  • Never charge a product with batteries overnight while you are sleeping.
  • Unplug your fidget spinner immediately once it is fully charged. If there is no indicator showing a full charge, unplug after one hour.
  • Always use the cable that came with the fidget spinner.
  • If the fidget spinner did not come with a cable, make sure the cable you use is undamaged and has the correct connections for charging.
  • Have working smoke alarms in your house to protect you if there is a fire

If you’ve ever experienced a similar incident, you can report it here.

 

 

 

 

 

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.