Residential fire caused by lightning, officials say

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LANCASTER COUNTY -- A fire that broke out at a residence in Manor Township Tuesday night was caused by lightning, according to fire officials.

Crews were called to the home in the 100 block of Linger Street just after 8 p.m. Upon arrival, crews discovered flames burning through the basement to the first floor as well as going up through the walls.

Multiple neighbors report seeing lightning hit the home.

Officials say the fire, for the most part, was knocked out in 30 minutes but they're currently searching to make sure it's still not burning in the walls.

No on was inside the home at the time of the blaze, officials add.

The fire has caused an estimated $100,000 in damage.

Fire officials say Tuesday night's heat and humidity created a need for additional manpower.

This story has been updated from its previous version. 


Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.